AOA110 SSD replacement with CompactFlash questions

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by LRSFC_CSD, Jun 10, 2013.

1. LRSFC_CSD

LRSFC_CSD

I have a Transcend 400X 32GB CompactFlash card that I want to use with a PATA ZIF to CF adapter in an Acer Aspire One AOA110 netbook we have (and if I can get it working, I'll want to do the same thing to the other 16 units of the same type that we own). I've read this article as a result of which I got some flip cables, but I still can't get the CF card to show up, either in the BIOS or on the boot menu. I've tried a couple of different adapters but neither work, and I've also tried the CF card in a USB card reader and that works. Finally, I tried the original SSD back in and that shows up OK also.

Is there a list of compatible CompactFlash cards and adadpters somewhere? I've had no luck searching for one on Google; the information I found suggested that Transcend should be OK but I'm getting nowhere with what I have at the moment.

LRSFC_CSD, Jun 10, 2013
Ask a Question