AOA110 UPGRADE LCD

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Chris White, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Chris White

Chris White

Background:

I currently have an AOA110 with the stock 8GB SSD. I'm using this with a 16 GB SDHC mounted as /home and recently installed (upgrade wasn't an option because of space concerns) Ubuntu 14.04. Performance wise, this machine works great but the rather small LCD (as resolution is concerned) is limiting my performance.

I'm not above modding this laptop as I've got another one just like it I've put many different things into (4 port usb hub soldered to camera line with usb gps, usb bluetooth, usb flash drive, 4th line back out to camera) and I'm competent with a soldering iron. I found the following LCD - http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/8-9-A089SW01-laptop-LCD-panel_1024657819.html and I'm contemplating trying to buy a single unit to attempt an upgrade. The pin placement looks correct and I believe it should fit right into the existing mount.

Does anyone here know any reason this will not work? Will it be instantly recognized by the bios or will I need to load a hacked bios on the netbook?

Chris White, Apr 28, 2014
Ask a Question