AOA150-1983 Model Completely Gone?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Foxtropics, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Foxtropics

Foxtropics

I have been looking for the Brown 160gb 6-cell model now for almost a month, and other than the very few that I seen for sale on newegg, I haven't seen them in stock anywhere else. It's almost looking to me like they were a limited run and out of production or something? Maybe it's just the holidays and people buying them up really fast, but does anyone know where I can find one of the AOA150-1983 models in stock right now? I looked on eBay, found a few, but most of the sellers seem rather sketchy to me on there. Amazon.com doesn't list this model anymore at all, newegg has it listed as "deactivated item" and most other websites I can even find it on have it shown as sold out. Anyone know anything else? Cause I would sure like to get the brown one and not have to result to getting the white one, I don't want the pink one, I already have a pink nintendo DS, and I already have a blue computer tower... Anyone have ideas?

Foxtropics, Nov 20, 2008
  2. Foxtropics

clc4912

clc4912, Nov 20, 2008
  3. Foxtropics

Foxtropics

Shows "Back Order" to me, and yeah thats crazy expensive... I can find the 120gb/3-cell versions in a few places, but I really want the 6-cell battery and larger HDD. Bleh, If I can't come up with a 1983 model before December, I think I will just get a white one, and slap a Wii sticker on it for laughs instead... Dunno, weird that the brown one seems to be so hard to find for some reason.

Foxtropics, Nov 20, 2008
  4. Foxtropics

clc4912

Sorry, I did not go through the whole checkout process. You may have to settle or go for the white model. These things are selling like crazy right now. Many say that the "netbook" is going to be one of the "must have" items for this christmas season. It may get worse before it gets better. I tried to get my wife a pink one for christmas but could not find one so I settled for a white one. The day after I ordered it, the pink ones started showing up again. Go figure. I am sure she will like the white one as well.

clc4912, Nov 20, 2008
  5. Foxtropics

dromond

I'm also looking for this exact model. Another store had over 5,000 back ordered and weren't sure when the next shipment would come. Does anyone know if more of these are even going to be made?

dromond, Nov 20, 2008
  6. Foxtropics

rvehock

I have a Brown AOA150-1983 Model with a 6-cell battery and it is awesome and most of all the color is very unique IMHO.

rvehock, Nov 20, 2008
  7. Foxtropics

Foxtropics

Thats exactly why I wanted one in that color, everything thats electronic these days seems to be black, or white. Mostly black and then of course you can get misc electronics in random colors like ipods or whatever too. At first I liked the sapphire blue AAO but after seeing them up close I didn't like them as much. The brown though is so unique, you never see anything that color these days.

Foxtropics, Nov 20, 2008
  8. Foxtropics

rvehock

rvehock, Nov 20, 2008
  9. Foxtropics

JDM498

Etc computers had like 20 of these when i purchased mine.

JDM498, Nov 22, 2008
  10. Foxtropics

JDM498

JDM498, Nov 22, 2008
Ask a Question