AOA150 Lan driver - Intel or Realtek?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by bailout, Jul 24, 2010.

1. bailout

bailout

bailout, Jul 24, 2010
  2. bailout

Swarvey Moderator

The answer to both questions is pretty much a caes of try each driver, if one doesn't work, the other will.

As a wild guess, I'd say the network would be Intel, the webcam would be the Lite-On.

Swarvey, Jul 24, 2010
  3. bailout

bailout

I went for the intel lan driver as it was on the acer site. When I ran the install it is actuallt a realtek driver.

I am pretty certain my webcam is the suyin one as when I do a capture from it using the default windows driver the picture is 640x480. The suyin is .3Mpixels and the liteon is 1.3 so mine must be the suyin. However, the driver won't install. It asks for the usb webcam to be plugged in and won't go any further. I tried through driver update in device manager but that says the suyin driver folder doesn't contain a more recent driver?

bailout, Jul 24, 2010
  4. bailout

Swarvey Moderator

Okay so you've got the realtek LAN driver installed, that's one hurdle.

The output resolution of the picture you get is controlled by the driver installed, and the software operating the camera. I just bought an el-cheapo Digital Video camera yesterday that's 5.1 megapixels, and I can record video in 640x80, the picture you got could have easily been restricted by the Windows Drivers not enabling anything higher. Try the Lite-On driver if the Suyin won't install.

Swarvey, Jul 24, 2010
  5. bailout

bailout

Thanks for the reply. I got it sorted, my aao has the liteon cam. Not sure why but I was convinced that it was the suyin one. As the suyin driver wouldn't install I could have simply tried the liteon one but I identified the cam first with the info in this post

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6243&p=48187&hilit=suyin+device+manager#p41112

Maybe it will be of use to someone else.

Having got the driver installed it was a bit of an anti climax tbh. I thought from other posts I had read that there would be a utility for the cam and controls over image quality, colours etc but I couldn't find anything like that.

bailout, Aug 14, 2010
Ask a Question