AOA150 No Audio with latest realtek driver

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by toothpehs, Jun 13, 2010.

1. toothpehs

toothpehs

Good Day

I recently reformatted the AOA150 with XP Home SP3.
    Installed all the drivers from Acer support and download page.
    Everything works except the audio (mic detects sound though).
    (suyin webcam driver didnt work but xp's default driver works well enough)

First I used the Realtek High Definition Audio driver 5.10.0.6010. didnt work.
    so i went into control panel and uninstalled it, restarted, and it says new hardware found.

Cancelled the connect to internet to find drivers option, then i went to realtek's website and downloaded their latest driver R249, which is a 5.10.0.6132. didnt work as well (mic works though).

Any help? Thanks in advance =)

toothpehs, Jun 13, 2010
  2. toothpehs

Swarvey Moderator

There is a Windows Update required for Micro$oft Windows to enable HD Audio. It should come in as an automatic update, but you can find more information here

Swarvey, Jun 14, 2010
  3. toothpehs

toothpehs

Thank you for your reply!
    Just reporting back, it seems that during the reformatting process, the speakers decided to fail, coincidence perhaps..
    I've read here that many were experiencing the dead left or right channel, mine happens to be both, as headphones work.
    As for the UAA, I cant apply it as its restricted to XP SP2, Im on XP SP3, and i've no idea how to remove the SP3 as it came with the retail disc.
    Guess I'll just use headphones/speakers from now on. Thanks again Swarvey!

toothpehs, Jun 14, 2010
  4. toothpehs

Swarvey Moderator

there should be a UAA for SP3 as well, unless maybe it's already integrated into the SP3? Not sure on that one. I'll do some poking around and get back to ya.

Swarvey, Jun 14, 2010
Ask a Question