AOD 150, WINXP and Desktop tearing

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by paradigm, Oct 17, 2009.

1. paradigm

paradigm

i bought my wife a netbook, as she specifically requested, thing is, on 3cell 3hrs are great, but it has begun to "tear" a lot in WINXP.....

by "tearing" i mean that it takes time to "draw" the windows and stuff...when you minimise and expand or move windows on the desktop, and it feels..just a bit sluggish... but it seems.the laptop has no trouble whatsoever with playing SD movies, from Network or other wise

we have installed
    Nero8, Office 2007, and NORTON IS 2010 (family pack), KMP, WINXP manager, messengers (yahoo,MSN, and SKYPE) and most if not all updates

background services...etc have been seen to (BV)
    BIOS updated to latest and then downgraded to "see" if it changes anything (1.07)
    Drivers uninstall CC cleaned and then reintalled
    Redone the entire install
    Upgraded RAM from the 1GB DDR2 samsung to 2GB Hynix chip'd KVR 800's
    disabled SWAP file....not that it made any difference
    cleaned REG (winxp manager ...personal favourite for stuff like this)
    Norton 2010 checked

proc is running at 1.6, 1.99 GB ram at disposal, boots like a dream, it's only issue is when it reaches WINXP desktop

now what... i hope there is something you kind folks can ell me, that would be able to help me fix this laptop
    i really do not have the time to talk to ACER on the phone, (cuz their hours and mine NEVER meet...unless and unitll i call in a sickie...which is just wrong :)...and they would cinfuse my wife if she tried calling them (although she understands what tearing is)

paradigm, Oct 17, 2009
  2. paradigm

paradigm

issue solved

Moderators..please close thread :D

paradigm, Nov 1, 2009
Ask a Question