AOD150-1055 WebCam not connected

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by gamezgirl, Dec 25, 2009.

1. gamezgirl

gamezgirl

My webcam worked a few months ago but when I try to use it now it doesn't work. With Windows Movie Maker I get this error:
    ---------------------------
    Windows Movie Maker
    A video capture device was not detected. Verify that

a device is turned on and connected properly, and

then try again.
    OK

I'm not sure which drivers I should use to update but Chincony and LiteOn one would setup wouldn't start because the webcam is not connected. Suyin one installs but does not work.

Emailing Acer for help is useless. They keep asking for a serial number that I can't read from the bottom sticker because it is way too blurred now due to the heat. Didn't even mention it was also on a sticker where the battery compartment it.

With Device Manager, I don't see a Imaging Device section and nothing under USB controllers looks like a webcam. Just some host controllers, the card reader, and root hubs.

gamezgirl, Dec 25, 2009
  2. gamezgirl

gamezgirl

How could I open to check if the webcam connection is loose?

If I need to send this in for repair how could I set up the HD so that I could up it in an enclosure and access the data. Tried before but nothing was said to be on the HD.

gamezgirl, Dec 26, 2009
  3. gamezgirl

Sudsmcduff96

If you have the original box that came with netbook, check that for the serial number... OR Turn on the machine and press F2 to access the BIOS Menu... It should have the serial number in the menu

Sudsmcduff96, Dec 31, 2009
  4. gamezgirl

newbyr60

Every once in a while my unit does this to me...try this:

Unplug and shutdown the unit, and wait about two or so minutes. Detach the battery during this (This is important, don't just shut down, for whatever reason you have to remove the battery). When the two minutes has expired, reattach the battery and turn the unit back on. It should work. If not, look to see if the webcam is showing up in the system devices (might be listed as Unknown device). If that's the case, reinstall the drivers (go to Acer's support webpage), and try that.

If not, then you might have a loose connection somewhere where the camera relays to the motherboard.

I hope the battery trick works for you though!

Cheers,

newbyr60

newbyr60, Jan 2, 2010
  5. gamezgirl

stormb

Hi all! I got same problem with webcam too.After disconnecting battery device manager found webcam,but when try to start camera found unknown device USB\VID_0000&PID_0000\5&3A7089B5&0&1.EEPROM 25L512 of webcam is empty (FFFFFFF).Maiby somebody have good dump for one?
    Cam:Lily 08P017 sn9c231 Thanks.

stormb, Jan 3, 2010
  6. gamezgirl

7dwarfs

My Lily gave up too, I think, it needs a reflash of firmware.

7dwarfs, Apr 11, 2010
  7. gamezgirl

7dwarfs

I think the MX 25L612MC needs a reflash with the firmware from Liteon for the Lily 08P017, see this site:
    http://www.notebook1.ru/forma1/viewtopi ... d7a79080af

There's even a bin file for the SPI chip.

sn9c230/1 is from Sonix and it is programable through USB, we need the software.

It's a pity, I need a bin file for sn9c230.

The Lily webcam just sucks!

7dwarfs, Apr 12, 2010
  8. gamezgirl

stepppy

Re: A150-1055 WebCam not connected

I am pulling my hair out trying to get my Liteon cystal eye webcam working, but no matter what I try I cant get it to work.

It shows up correctly in Device Manager and the microphone works OK, but it just will not connect to any applications.

The forum seems to be full of lots of people with the same problem, but no definative answers.... It worked fine under Limpus Lite, XP Pro, never in Win7 & now not under XP Pro. The netbook has never been dropped, so I don't think its a connection/damage issue.

I was wondering if maybe it could be a BIOS issue, would it be worth going back to an older version?

Any suggestions Please?

stepppy, Apr 14, 2010
  9. gamezgirl

7dwarfs

Re: A150-1055 WebCam not connected

Get a new, working webcam, your Liteon webcam is damaged.

7dwarfs, Apr 16, 2010
  10. gamezgirl

stepppy

How can it be damaged?
    One minute it was working, next minute it's not?

stepppy, Apr 16, 2010
Ask a Question