AOD150 - battery doens't charge anymore

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by gamezgirl, Nov 6, 2010.

1. gamezgirl

gamezgirl

So, I don't know exactly when my battery stopped charging. It might have been sometime this week. For the past little while, the netbook would make this awful noise whenever it charges the battery but it charges. I thought the issue is because I replaced the AC adapter with a generic one since I lost mine but now the battery doesn't charge at all.

The light is solid orange and both windows and linux recognizes it. For the 3-cell it says 4% and charging or 2hr 35min remaining for hours. For the generic 9cell I got it is 0% and charing or 7.5hr remaining until fully charged. The netbook powers on just fine with the adapter itself and it had stopped making that noise when it charged sometimes so I thought that was a good sign but maybe it wasn't since it doesn't charge now at all.

I have tried taking the battery out and unplugging it from the AC and just hold the power button down for 2min. It didn't help. I thought I ruin netbook then since it didn't want to power up too with the AC for the short while.

gamezgirl, Nov 6, 2010
Ask a Question