AOD250 Dead(Bios)

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by dejavu2k10, Mar 14, 2010.

1. dejavu2k10

dejavu2k10

I have a Acer D250 N280Cpu, Windows 7 ultimate. My laptop was charging only to about 60% battery and wouldnt go above, i was told to update bois and followed the instructions evidently i updated my bois with the wrong model version. Now my Acer wont power on, no lights, no sounds, nothing. I plug it in still no lights nothing. I guess I need a new Bios chip??? If I replace the Bios chip will it work again or do I have to replace the whole Motherboard??? I heard of a bios recovery but since I have not been able to power on the device I have no clue how to do this. Any help will do.

dejavu2k10, Mar 14, 2010
  2. dejavu2k10

Swarvey Moderator

With some luck, you may be able to blind-flash back to the appropriate BIOS. Search around, it's a common thing with these li'l netbooks

Swarvey, Mar 14, 2010
  3. dejavu2k10

dejavu2k10

The netbook has no power at all so i dont know how thats possible. It wont turn on. When i press the power button i can hear something that sounds like a camera flash but its faint and does nothing.

dejavu2k10, Mar 15, 2010
  4. dejavu2k10

Swarvey Moderator

Sorry i did mis-read part of your post. If you're certain you can't enter the BIOS recovery mode with FN+ESC (which as far as I know is different to normal operation) then yes you may well be up for a new motherboard. I personally have never had any luck with replacing BIOS chips, so I can't recommend/comment on it.

Swarvey, Mar 18, 2010
Ask a Question