Aod250 Teardown for Wireless card replacement.

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by KoruptedKernel, Sep 16, 2009.

1. KoruptedKernel

KoruptedKernel

After using the AOD150 that my wife has and loving it I got a hold of an aod250 and started using it. Again it's great. But in trying to get Mac OS X running on it I keep hitting the problem with the atheros chipset not being compatible and fighting the system just to get online.

Well then I happened into a dell Mini PCI-E wireless 1505 N card (attached to a PCI-E converted in a dell with an external antenna no less!) and wanted to swap the atheros out. Flipping the unit over and taking off the cover where I though the wireless card was (it sure was there on the 150....) I was shocked to see it empty... and really happy a the same time WOOOT

but now the issue. Where the HECk is the Atheros card and do I have to tear the unit apart to replace it!? I put the dell card into the slot hoping it would at least show up in windows 7 and i could get drivers installed for it (with no antennas it will suck for connections) but It doesn't even show up.

So now the questions.

1. Is there a teardown guide for the AOD250 or a manual out there where I can get the Mini PCI-E cards swapped.

2. What can be put into the mini PCI-E spare slot (3G? I saw the info on the Broadcom Encoder card and that looks exciting), but with the Dell card not working I'm assuming that wireless doesn't work. (again no antennas so it would be pointless anyhow)

3. Do I have to activate the cardslot somehow to turn on? I saw a little info on blocking pin 20... but I'm not sure of its function or effects.

Thanks for all the help, I'm looking forward to getting the 500GB hard drive and 2GB of ram that I put in some more hackin company.

KoruptedKernel, Sep 16, 2009
  2. KoruptedKernel

MYUSERNAME

MYUSERNAME, Sep 17, 2009
  3. KoruptedKernel

KoruptedKernel

I'm afraid that all of those links aren't working!

Is there anywhere else I could get the guide?

THANKS!

I'm excited to dig into this.

KoruptedKernel, Sep 17, 2009
  4. KoruptedKernel

MYUSERNAME

MYUSERNAME, Sep 17, 2009
Ask a Question