AOD250 video slow help?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by SoKratez, Oct 5, 2009.

1. SoKratez

SoKratez

Sorry if this has been posted here before, but I've been looking for hours everywhere on this forum and on the internet, and to no avail can I find help to my problem.

Some videos basically can't be played, as in well, it's choppy like CRAZY. I'm pretty sure their HD videos, but also, youtube streaming is slow.

I found out in the BioS that its only 8mb shared, out of 1 gig, and I can't change it. I updated to 1.15 already, and still can't change it.

Is their any other way to fix this?

Thanks.

SoKratez, Oct 5, 2009
  2. SoKratez

Queen6

Simple answer, the system does not have the horse power to play HD, just look at the CPU utilization when playing back HD content, you will see that it is pegged (100%), you can lighten the load on the system, however ultimately for HD you need a more powerful CPU and or GPU, for the Netbook format the HP Mini 311 come to mind with it`s far more powerful GPU (NVIDIA ION LE) and will playback 1080P

Q-6

Queen6, Oct 15, 2009
  3. SoKratez

jjdoctor

bro.. i downloaded one 720p movie and it has the same prob... it simply wont run HD movies... well its not meant for HD..i have the new bios 1.21 updated a cuple of days back

jjdoctor, Nov 11, 2009
  4. SoKratez

PhAndrew

actually, you can run 720p videos/movies on your d250. It does it glitchy if u are running multiple apps but if you are watching it alone, it would be fine. Also, streaming hd is a definite no no unless you can the option to run codecs.

Get CoreAVC
    Select Default Options
    Download MPC-HC
    Run MPC-HC. Select options/external filters/add filter/ then select CoreAVC. Select Prefer.

No point of running hd on your netbook unless your hooking it to a tv imo

PhAndrew, Nov 13, 2009
Ask a Question