AOD255-2331, Black Friday Special - Upgrade

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by rich_l, Nov 29, 2010.

1. rich_l

rich_l

For not much money I bought an Acer Aspire One D255-2331. :D

I would like to upgrade the Battery, Ram and Hard disk.

Do I need a specific battery for an AOD255-2331 or just for an AOD255?

Since I have a single core Atom N450 I assume that I need a single 2 GB 200 pin SODIMM chip

For a new HD I ordered a 640GB 2.5" SATA HDD.

I have the idea that to install the RAM and HDD, I will have to remove the KB by releasing a bunch of spring clips, then removing some screws so that I can push out the bottom plate (door). Does this sound correct?

rich_l, Nov 29, 2010
  2. rich_l

IceBlueShoes

I dont mean to hijack the thread and I feel like such a noob asking this, but I have a similar Acer Aspire One and for the life of me I can't figure out if it takes DDR2 or DDR3 ram. I'm hoping it's DDR2 ram since it's cheaper.
    My Acer is AOD255-2168 and like yours (OP) is the solo N450 1.66 GHZ model in blue.
    I've seen some sites that say that only 1GB can be put in, while others say 2GB is the limit.. I'm so confused...

Now I'm thinking maybe I can swap out the ram from the netbook and toss it into the Macbook my parents "borrowed" from me... Hmm...

Thanks in advance.

IceBlueShoes, Dec 1, 2010
Ask a Question