Are the Precision 7780 fans loud?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by james_uk, Jan 29, 2024.

1. james_uk

james_uk

Hi, I am on the look out for a new Laptop.

I currently have a Dell G5 5500 laptop, which has Intel i7 10750H CPU, 16gb Ram, 1TB SSD and Geforce 2070 Max-Q graphics.

When I got the laptop it was mainly for work and occasional gaming (nothing serious).
    I have found the whole time I have had it, to be soo loud, even when literally doing nothing.

Its set to balanced mode in the alienware app.
    I am not sure if precision laptops have a similar way to set a performance profile? if they do, does it go loud when set to performance?

There are times i am sitting watching the TV and the laptop is just on (doing nothing) and people will say it is raining outside, and i'm like, ha no thats my laptop!

So, I am going to sell that laptop to someone that would want it more for serious gaming, but my real worry is, the newer laptops are more powerful etc, so are they going to be as loud / louder.

Or not as loud due to the precision not being aimed at gamers / newer technology etc..

Or if I am not going to be gaming a lot, and certainly not with any games that need high performance, would i be best with the integrated graphics?

If anyone has this model or similar, are they loud?

Regards

James

james_uk, Jan 29, 2024
Ask a Question