Asian Language Support? Please help!!!

Discussion in 'Windows' started by sarahkitty, Aug 19, 2008.

1. sarahkitty

sarahkitty

Hi there!

I am looking to buy an Aspire one to use for University. I am an Asian Languages major and I need a computer to take notes on. My current computer has no problem using asian languages with windows XP...I have the general asian language support I installed it from the XP CD. Thing is, I'm not so sure if I will be able to use it on the aspire one....is this true? I need to know before I purchase the Aspire one because it is very important to have that feature! I would need Japanese, Mandarin chinese and Korean installed on the notebook. Thank you for your help in advance ^_^~

Sarah

sarahkitty, Aug 19, 2008
  2. sarahkitty

hongcho

I bought Acer Aspire One 150, the 120GB XP Home version, last week. I do use Korean IME all the time and I was able to install the Korean IME and it didn't ask for a CD (which means all the required files were already on the hard disk). I haven't tried any other languages, though.

Hong.

hongcho, Aug 19, 2008
  3. sarahkitty

midgetdiablo

Language support is not affected by the machine/hardware. It's all software-based. I'm using a Chinese(Traditional) version of Windows XP, which works great.

midgetdiablo, Aug 19, 2008
  4. sarahkitty

sarahkitty

Thank you so much for the replies, that has pretty much sealed the deal for me. I will buy the XP home edition model.

Sarah

sarahkitty, Aug 22, 2008
  5. sarahkitty

midgetdiablo

Your welcome. You need to buy a separate Windows Home Edition for it? Good luck on your studies!

midgetdiablo, Aug 23, 2008
Ask a Question