Aspire 4810T refuses to install Win7

Discussion in 'Windows' started by AcerInstaller, Nov 9, 2009.

1. AcerInstaller

AcerInstaller

Using a fresh .iso from the MSDN License site attempting to install from DVD drive. The installer runs through the point Install now - Setup is starting... - Accept Terms - Type of Installation - Custom advanced - Install to Partition. Then in the Installing Windows screen it gets through Copying Windows Files in seconds then hangs on Expanding Windows files (0%)...for over 1 hour it stays at (0%).

My question is this installation allowed from a .iso on a NTFS formated hard disk? The first time I performed this I eventually cancelled the operation (or thought I did) and got Installation was Cancelled...and it froze there as well....

Prevoius attempts resulted in the the master boot record being corrupted so Windows 7 Starter would not boot (blue screens). I repaired the MBR w/ Partition Commander and verified the partition was ok, NTFS. System would not boot regardless so I reformatted the drive and attempted to install Win7 again from DVD but resulted in same hang condition as above...

The system is a Acer 4810T, Core 2 Solo, 4GB Ram, 32GB0 Western Digital Drive.

I removed 2 GB od Ram since that has been known to cause problems on install but to no avail.
    Any help would be appreciated.

mm

AcerInstaller, Nov 9, 2009
  2. AcerInstaller

Kite

Are you installing via a DVD you burned from the .iso? If you are make sure you burn at the lower speeds like x2 or x4 and not x8 or x16.. There are reports that at higher speeds there may be errors..

I installed my windows 7 pro (from msdnaa) through a bootable usb, which seems like the way to do it as it is more reliable, reads faster than dvd, and reusable as well!

Kite, Nov 9, 2009
  3. AcerInstaller

Drjones

Drjones, Nov 10, 2009
Ask a Question