aspire 8730 car charger

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by acerinho, May 4, 2010.

1. acerinho

acerinho

I saw many cheap car chargers (~10$) for acer aspire one series, almost all of them are 30w...is it enough for aspire 8730 laptop? (5.5mm / 1.7mm plug)

acerinho, May 4, 2010
  2. acerinho

donec

It depends on the required power for the aspire 8730 laptop. On the bottom there should be a tag that says what power is required. Ie: on my d150-1920 it says DC RATING: 19V --- 1.58A this mean that to properly power the d150-1920 I need a power supply that puts out 19 volts and the ability to supply 1.58 amps of current. If you try something with a higher voltage then you risk damaging your computer and if you use something with less than 19 volts you may not be able to charge the battery. If you use a power supply that is rated for less amps then you could burn up the power supply however if you use the right voltage power supply but with a higher amp rating then you should not have problems because the normally working computer will only draw the amp ratted on the computer. The exception is that if something simple and easy to fix should go bad in your computer then due to the amp rating being higher you could burn up your computer because it may draw more than the computer can handle. Also you must make sure the output of the power supply uses the same polarity as you computer or you could damage the computer. That (is a simplistic explanation) is the reason that if you are not knowledgeable in the field it is best and simplest to just be sure the power supply is designed for you computer. Hope this helps.

donec, Jan 25, 2011
Ask a Question