aspire one 532h-2268 help !

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by gabelazo, May 14, 2012.

1. gabelazo

gabelazo

okay so i recently purchased an aspire one 532h-2268 that was previously owned with windows 7 starter and had a password and such on it so i couldn't access anything
    not knowing about the recovery method of pressing alt + F10
    i followed the steps to formatting the hard drive and installing windows xp professional off a usb flash drive only to come and find out that no matter what i do
    when windows xp tries to load it immediately blue screens and shuts off
    i follow all the tutorials on youtube properly on how to install xp but none seem to work...am i doing something wrong ? did i screw up y computer for good ? please help. thanks.

gabelazo, May 14, 2012
  2. gabelazo

PCNetSpec

"blue screens and shuts off " isn't nearly enough information ..

Is there an error message ?

When does it blue screen ?

Can you provide a link to the instructions you followed ?

No, not if you have an Windows CD/DVD .. a Recovery disk .. or decide to Install Linux.

Last edited: May 14, 2012
    PCNetSpec, May 14, 2012
  3. gabelazo

Swarvey Moderator

Next time your computer is booting, pretty much as soon as you press the power button, repeatedly tap the F8 button, a black and white menu will appear and there will be an option to disable the automatic reboot during system failure. Selecting this option will make sure the BSOD stays on screen when it happens. From this you can write down the 0x00000000 code.

I'm guessing though, the code it's throwing is the 0x7B code, so try going into your BIOS and changing your SATA controller from AHCI to IDE mode.

Swarvey, May 14, 2012
Ask a Question