Aspire One 751h in need of BIOS restore

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by HawkPidgeon, Oct 1, 2009.

1. HawkPidgeon

HawkPidgeon

Hiya, everyone!

I've loved my 751h since I got it, but when I tried to update the BIOS to version 3208, the update utility screwed everything up -- without me even starting the update process itself. Acer, in all of their unending glory, told me that any problems caused by their update software are my responsibility, and are not covered under the warranty. I read the warranty myself, and that is indeed the case. They want $199 to fix it. Considering that's about 50% of the total price of a brand new 751h, I'm not going to send it in.

Currently, if I press the power button, my netbook will show initial signs of boot (numlock and capslock lights flash once, power light turns on) but no other activity -- nothing from the hard drive, no screen activity, nothing. I've read the BIOS restore guides for other Aspire One netbooks, but none of them seem to be compatible with the 751h.

Does anyone have any ideas?

HawkPidgeon, Oct 1, 2009
  2. HawkPidgeon

Carlo M

Hawk, had the same issue with my 751, spent two weeks looking for a replacement board that was cheap and no luck. Acer quoted me the same $200 charge. I found aqstech.com and sent it to them for a BIOS repair. Cost $70 bucks and I'm back in business.

Carlo M, Oct 16, 2009
  3. HawkPidgeon

Megavolt

Megavolt, Oct 20, 2009
Ask a Question