Aspire one a110 won't boot

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by jamface, Jan 9, 2010.

1. jamface

jamface

Hi All,

First off, this is the laptop I have:
    Aspire one a110, 8GB SSD, originally 512MB RAM, upgraded to 1.5GB, originally Linux, Win XP SP3 installed
    Bought this in June 2008 so the age and the fact I've upgraded RAM mean it's out of warranty

I was happily browsing the net with AC adapter plugged in and battery charging when it switched itself off (as if the battery and power had been pulled out). I pressed the power button to turn it back on again and the green power light came on for about a second before going off again, nothing else happened.

With the AC adapter plugged in the charging LED is red, and after a while turned to green to indicate battery is fully charged so that part seems to be working ok.

I've tried turning on with just battery, with just AC adapter and with both, everytime the same thing happens - power light comes on for a second before going off again. I've tried removing the power and battery for a few minutes before replacing the battery and pressing the power button, same thing. I've tried holding ESC whilst pressing power and holding FN + ESC whilst pressing power, again exactly the same thing happens!

Does anyone have any ideas at all what the problem could be or any other things I could try to get it to turn back on?

Thanks for reading,
    JamFace

jamface, Jan 9, 2010
  2. jamface

jamface

Just tried following the instructions here:

http://apevere.blogspot.com/2009/01/ace ... creen.html

But when I get to step 7, the power button light only comes on for a second before going off again, exactly the same as before

EDIT:
    Tried the instructions here too:

http://acer-uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/313

Still the same thing happens though! I would guess that the adapter isn't the problem as the charging light is still coming on - not sure if this is a safe assumption to make though

jamface, Jan 9, 2010
Ask a Question