Aspire One AOA 110 - Many Mods USA or UK

Discussion in 'For Sale / Wanted' started by donaldson, Sep 6, 2009.

1. donaldson

donaldson

Up for sale is my sapphire blue Aspire One AOA 110-1588 in perfect working order. Check http://www.flickr.com/photos/23578126@N04/for pictures. I occassionally sell on Ebay - look for talbot137.

I bought this Aspire One back in March after I read an article about modding this netbook. I went right at it.

This netbook has the following mods:

* Touch screen with three port hub c/w stylus - all 3 ports free for internal expansion. Went to CN11 for USB.
    * Second PCI-E adapter installed, SIM card adapter installed for 3G
    * Front Side bus unlocked for overclocking (I have OC'd this Aspire One to 2.0ghz with SetFSB)
    * WIFI Led Blinks to show bluetooth activity/3G Led blinks to show wifi activity
    * WIFI/3G Switch reversed (slides to the left not to the right) to enable/disable wifi/bluetooth adapter.

Following extra installs

* Original Aetheros wifi card replaced with wifi/bluetooth pci card installed into second pci slot
    * Intel turbo memory 1g installed (and working) as ready boost in enclosed pci slot
    * Internal 8gb usb flash drive attached to internal USB hub.
    * 20GB hitachi 1.8" drive replacing original 8gb SSD (original SSD is included with this auction although it has been reformatted and hacked up in unspeakable ways - still works though)
    * Upgrade to 1.5 gb RAM

Extras

* An entirely complete and other case including top and bottom clam shells (with speakers, but no 3g access door) as well as LCD clam shell with bezel complete with wifi antennas and webcam.
    * Extra keyboard
    * CF to ZIF adapter

Faults

* Had to glue screen casing and bezel together after touchscreen mod
    * Small, virtually unnoticeable scratch on screen (check the picture)

Also comes with the North American battery charger and the original 3-cell battery (good for about 3 hours they say). Ships with the original box. This Aspire One is looking for the right owner who can appreciate the modifications and maybe continue with them.. Check the pictures. If you have any questions, ask! Looking to make $450 CDN. Payment via PayPal preferred. Will ship Canada, USA, Europe.

donaldson, Sep 6, 2009
Ask a Question