Aspire One AOA110 wont turn on... (SOLVED)

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by mauricio, Nov 14, 2013.

1. mauricio

mauricio

Hello you guys, i was instaling Windows XP on a friend's Aspire One AOA110 and, everything was going well, i used and Uststick to install and after the installation, i instaled some programs (winrar, video codecs, ect) and after that, i tried to change the language from English to Portuguese from Brazil (I'm Brazilian) because my Windows XP SP3 is an English version, so, i RESTARTED my Notebook, everything go fine...

After the pc have started working, i instaled some Drives (wi-fi, Lan, VGA, audio, Card reader, webcam and chipset) and installed the Windows MUI to PT-BR language because this way the pc would go to the language i wanted.

With all this stuff installed, i restarted the pc again, and...... the screen dont turn on anymore...

The leds blink one time and no more after that, i put the cable to recharge and the led dont lit to...

I turn on the notebook and i hear the Fan, but nothing more... Maybe i overheated the notebook because of the Xp installation and with the drive and stuff installation (which lasted four hours to finish...)

Do you guys know something to help me? plz, halp ):

mauricio, Nov 14, 2013
  2. mauricio

mauricio

well, i have solved my problem!

there is what i have done:

i have reinstalled the bios~

http://br.acer.com/ac/pt/BR/content/drivers go to the acer and put your notebook name (in case AOA110)

and download the bios

after that i've put the archives "FLHASHIT.EXE" and "3310.fd" in one usb stick formatted in FAT32 and changed the 3310.fd to

ZG5IA32.FD

So, putting the ust stick in the notebook, with the battery attached and the power supply connected you have to pres Fn+ESC and Turn ON the notebook.

Keep pressing the Fn+ESC for a few seconds and, the LEd ot the power button wil begin to flash on and off, so, pres it ONE TIME and wait for a few minutes (4 to 5 minutes) and the led of the power button wil stop to blink and the notebook will start :3

Hope this help someone!

mauricio, Nov 14, 2013
    Ian likes this.
  3. mauricio

Ian Administrator

Thanks for reporting back with the answer :)

Ian, Nov 19, 2013
Ask a Question