Aspire One boots faster than my Desktop!!!!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by triplecore, Dec 14, 2008.

1. triplecore

triplecore

My aspire 1 has the 1.5gb ram and 100gb 7200 hard drive with Vista Business; I always felt as if it boots slow. Till this morning when I booted both Thinkpad and Aspire 1 together and my Aspire start up faster even with me typing in a password and pushing the power button second. My thinkpad is 2.2 dual core with 4gb ram and Vista Ultimate with Turbo Mem and also 320gb 7200 hdd. One 32bit the other 64bit. I just found that very interesting and also sometimes it can be you imagination of a computer being slow. My thinkpad does everything else a lot fast though once its booted. Happy Holidays!

triplecore, Dec 14, 2008
  2. triplecore

rory

I'm not sure, but I think 64-bit might boot slower and then be faster once loaded.
    So that would be exactly what you experienced then lol.
    Rory

rory, Dec 14, 2008
  3. triplecore

dskid807

I never notice much of a performance difference between 32 and 64 bit normally. It's more lilely that the thinpad loads more startup items on boot.

dskid807, Dec 14, 2008
  4. triplecore

goofball

Probably more drivers/devices to enumerate on your desktop. Makes sense.

goofball, Dec 14, 2008
Ask a Question