Aspire ONE D150: LAN working!

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by Brambo, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Brambo

Brambo

Brambo, Apr 12, 2009
  2. Brambo

brushless

Thanks for the post Brambo. I confirm LAN is now working on my AAO D150. It is shown as an AirPort in System Profiler on device en0 rather than Ethernet. And my boot up time has now increased 10-fold to something like 10 minutes. Can anyone offer a solution to this slow boot up?

brushless, Apr 13, 2009
  3. Brambo

yohko101

i can also confirm that the lan is working.

one thing i noticed from using this kext is that it eats up my battery really quick. im planning to do some tests with and without it installed. as far as boot up, i dont see much change in my system.

yohko101, Apr 13, 2009
  4. Brambo

brushless

My boot-up time has now almost returned to "normal" ... it appears the new LAN driver has finally settled in my D150. I also noticed that if the ethernet cable is not attached during boot-up, the LAN would not activate later when the cable is inserted and need a re-boot to correct. However after booting up with the cable attached, you can unplug and re-attach and the right status is correctly indicated. My kernel is Darwin 9.6.0 in iDeneb v1.4.

brushless, Apr 14, 2009
  5. Brambo

rory

We used to have this problem with the A110 and A150. A newer driver fixed it. You just gota get lucky with drivers really.

rory, Apr 14, 2009
Ask a Question