Aspire One D250-0Dk need recovery disk pls!!!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by gd89, Nov 12, 2012.

1. gd89

gd89

The request: could someone provide me a link to download the recovery disk for an Acer Aspire One D250-0Dk netbook with Windows 7 Starter edition? Thank you!

The story:

Yesterday, my Aspire One D250 crashed unexpectedly. It is the first time that it gives me any problems in the 2 years since I bought it; how typical that the warranty expired about a month ago...

Problem is that I am unable to boot it. Upon startup, before anything else happens (except asking me if I want to press f2 for setup), it says:

For Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller... v1.0.0.5(1/22/09)

check cable connection..!
    PXE-E63:error while initializing the NIC
    PXE-MOF:exiting intel PXE ROM
    No bootable device-insert boot disk and press eny key

I then can't get anything to happen except for it to repeat itself. I have tried changing the boot order in the BIOS, but it is not that. Also, I know for a fact that the hard drive is ok because I tested it in another notebook that I own.

I have done some research in the internet but could not find any solution to the issue. I would like to do a full recovery and reinstall the OS, but I do not have a recovery disk (the notebook came without it) and could not find a download in the Acer support site either.

Could someone provide me a link to download the recovery disk for an Acer Aspire One D250-0Dk netbook with Windows 7 Starter edition?

Thank you for your help!

gd89, Nov 12, 2012
  2. gd89

Nestone50

You have a bad hard drive or the OS is corrupted. When your bios isn't finding the HD, it is looking for other bootable devices. You might first try unplugging and replugging the HD. Here is a link to a thread in another forum from someone who had the same problem: http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6122_102-515768/problem-with-acer-aspire-one-d250-netbook-booting/
    At worst, you need a new HD. You can download the Windows 7 Starter here: http://www.downloadatoz.com/utility_directory/windows-7-starter/ You have a license key on the bottom of your netbook. Use it. You have already paid for the OS when you bought the netbook. You will need to get/borrow an external DVD player once you burn the downloaded OS to a disk in order to install on your new HD.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
    Nestone50, Nov 13, 2012
  3. gd89

gd89

Nestone50, thank you for your reply. The HDD theory sounds pausible. In the BIOS, my HDD does not appear anymore, but if I plug in another HDD from a different laptop, that one does appear in the BIOS. That said, the opposite is also true; if I plug the "suspect HDD" from the Aspire One in my other laptop, it recognizes it, so I am not completely sure it is damaged, but I do not know how to do a full HDD test.

Thanks for the links. I had already read the one on CNET before posting here, didn't work. Acer support did not reply to my emails either. But I am going to try your suggestion about the OS. I will post back here if I have success so others can benefit from it in the future.

Thanks again!

gd89, Nov 13, 2012
  4. gd89

john

john, Nov 14, 2012
Ask a Question