Aspire One D250-1DQw And connect to WPA-PSK network

Discussion in 'Android' started by mhiggins, Nov 25, 2009.

1. mhiggins

mhiggins

I am having problems with the Acer Aspire One D250 netbook connecting under Android to the industry standard wireless protocol WPA-PSK.

It works under ubuntu 9.10 & windows7 but not under Android. It sees the connection it just refuses to connect.

After 6 days of back & forth with Acer they now say they don't support Android at all!

This is Acers responce;

Posted On: 25 Nov 2009 11:26 AM

Good Morning,

I do apologise but i can only assist you on the internal hardware
    of the unit.... ACER does not have any support for the Android O/S
    at all...

Best Regards,

Technical Support Department
    Acer Computers Australia

mhiggins, Nov 25, 2009
  2. mhiggins

vkelman

That's so frustrating! You may ask them if it was God who customize Android to put on into Acer, since it is not a standard Android package.
    I also wonder if they violate GPL, because they took a GPL software, customized it but, if I'm not mistaken, did not provide a source code for customized version.

The very fact that this forum is half dead - no one posts and replies on messages, no Acer staff is present, - is frustrating. Maybe it was a wrong decision to buy such a device and maybe we should not recommend it to anyone...

BTW, there is a quite vibrant Android community on Google Wave, I welcome you to join. Let me know by private message with your email, if you need an invitation.

vkelman, Nov 25, 2009
Ask a Question