Aspire One D250 no likey my LCD Monitor

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by nodonutz, Aug 22, 2009.

1. nodonutz

nodonutz

Greetings -
    Just purchased an Aspire One D250-1389 :D ...it will be serving dual purposes. We will be full time RVing (seeing the USA in our Chevrolet!!), so it will be running MS Streets and Trips w/ GPS as a NAV unit in the truck, as well as, my 'puter for e-mails and web surfing. My Canadian Missus has a slick Toshiba laptop - 17", 4G RAM, Intel dual core, 500GB blah-blah-blah..... We're using a Verizon MiFi 2200 WiFi EVDO router for my broadband -- nifty little device.... I LOVE IT!!! :D

I'd like to hook up my Westinghouse LCD monitor (LCM-17V2 SL) for easier viewing while in the trailer... I'm using my Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse set up just fine - as I type...However, the D250 will not recognize my monitor, per Westinghouse the monitor is plug-n-play, therefore no drivers..... Am I doing something wrong :?: , or will the D250 not support the monitor?? I'm not a dummy :roll: , but hardly a techie :ugeek: .

Your input is greatly appreciated....
    Nodonutz

nodonutz, Aug 22, 2009
  2. nodonutz

hanso

Does the lcd monitor work on other computers?
    Did you connect the lcd monitor before you booted the Acer?
    That helped me.

And did you use the Graphic Options management utility, to set up a dual display?
    Works like a charm for me on all external lcd/tv's/vga to hdmi screens here.

hanso, Aug 22, 2009
  3. nodonutz

nodonutz

Hanso...... When I booted up this AM my monitor showed the windows start up, however the "Acer" screen popped up and the monitor lost the signal. Hence, it 'sees it', it doesn't want to talk to it. I will try your 'fix' and let you know. Also, was it difficult to bump the RAM to 2G? I was going to search the forum on that upgrade "How To".

Thanks for the help - ND

nodonutz, Aug 22, 2009
  4. nodonutz

nodonutz

OK.... I decided to READ the Manual!! Why would anyone do that? Anyways, I used the <Fn> F5 hotkey and...Viola!!! I am now viewing on a bright 17" LCD !!!! YAY!! :lol:

What a dork ..... So, my next goal is to upgrade the RAM....I will search out other posts to figure that out. So far, I love my D250. Almost went w/ the 751h, but the extra cost didn't seem worth it for my needs. Also, wasn't sure about the "slower" processor.

Hasta la Vista from the land of the Governator! --- ND

nodonutz, Aug 22, 2009
  5. nodonutz

hanso

Glad to see it works. Yes, booting with an external monitor connected shows the Windows boot logo on that monitor.
    2 GB update is simple: buy a 2 GB PC2 6400 DDR2 800 MHz SODIMM, shutdown, not hibernate/sleep mode!, unscrew the little door on the bottom, take out the 1 GB module, insert the new one.

Hans

hanso, Aug 22, 2009
  6. nodonutz

nodonutz

Hans -
    OK...wasn't sure it was that simple. I had read a post somewhere, where they made it sound complex, but it was on an earlier/older 150, and they said you could only go 1.5G max, since once "slot" was hardwired to a 512 chip - I dunno :roll: ...... I've upgraded the RAM in my desktop and laptop, installed DVD R/W devices, replaced a dead hard drive, so I know how to do some of this stuff. I'm better at it when someone says..."This is how you do it...", as oppsed to reading a manual and figuring it out on my own......

So, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! -- Dan in California

nodonutz, Aug 22, 2009
  7. nodonutz

ankukreja

HI

I am Dr Kukreja from India

Accidently I have damaged the LCD Screen of my aspire one

Now when I try to connect to my LCD Externam monitor from acer , I get the boot screen and then the display goes off saying NO SIGNAL INPUT ?

I try to connect to a 42 Inch LCD TV and get error for setting display to 1280*680 , but as the screen is damaged how do I do That ?

Thanks
    Regards
    Dr Kukreja

ankukreja, Sep 13, 2009
  8. nodonutz

nodonutz

Hey Dr. K -
    I am no expert in any way.... How I got my monitor to show was <FN> F5. Press the F5 3X to get it to the external monitor mode and release the FN key.....They may do the trick for you. As far as hooking up a 42" LCD, I have no clue.....best of luck to you.

Nodonutz (Collie-fornia)

nodonutz, Sep 13, 2009
Ask a Question