Aspire One Function enable/disable messages !!!

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Muzafsh, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Muzafsh

Muzafsh

Hi

I am starting a new thread to explore the possibility of loading the software/application that comes out-of-the-box.

i am referring to ... "The Function/Device enable/disable messages !!!"

I have a AOA150, I have recently installed Window 7 Ultimate on it. I really miss the the green messages that would show up on the screen every time you activated/deactivated a function on a aspireone's keyboard.

I am referring to the green messages that flash on the screen every time i switch ON/OFF the wifi switch, or enable/disable the many other functions that are present on the keyboard.

Eg. : 'wifi enabled', 'wifi disabled', '3G enabled', '3G disabled' ... or for that matter when you 'mute'' or 'lock the toucpad'

I would love to see that funtionality restored on my Windows 7 too.

Thanks in Advance.

Muzafsh, Dec 19, 2010
  2. Muzafsh

Muzafsh

Hey, I realized that the application Launch Manager was designed precisely for that...
    I downloaded the app from the acer site(which provides only the XP version), at first it gave an error but when i installed with windows 7 recommended settings the installation succeeded.

But i encountered the following...

Before installing this Launch Manager the function keys were working, only the green message pop was missing, but after installing it the green message pop-ups are working but, the Touchpad, Mute ON/OFF, Volume +/- have stopped working.

Any fix to the above dysfunctional function keys is most appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Muzafsh, Dec 19, 2010
  3. Muzafsh

Muzafsh

Addendum...

I Un-installed the previously installed Launch Manager(AOA150)

All the function keys were restored including the Volume +/- and mute buttons. Only the message pop-ups were absent.

Suspecting the XP version of the application(for AOA150) to be the reason for the partially working keys.

I checked the other models of aspireone on the acer website. I found that the model AOD150 supported Windows 7. I quickly downloaded its Win7 version of the Launch Manager. It installed without any problem, rebooted...
    and
    Wallah !!!, all the function keys sprung to action !!! bonus being better icon/message pop-ups.

Even the Propertise(Fn+F2) worked too which wasn't working in the AOA150 version of LM.

Only one snag when i press the Monitor toggling (Fn + F5) the computer icon would not vanish it stayed until i logged off and logged back IN

Except for this small issue i'am totally EXCITED to have got back the pop-ups.

All those people who are running Window 7 on their AOA150's should go and download the Windows 7 version Launch Manager for the netbook model AOD150.

Trust me you'll really enjoy the full functionality of your AspireOne's

Cheers.

Muzafsh, Dec 19, 2010
Ask a Question