Aspire One Happy RAM Upgrade

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by oaklec, Nov 15, 2010.

1. oaklec

oaklec

Hi,

I've recently purchased a Aspire one happy with 1Gb RAM, my first thoughts are to upgrade the RAM to 2Gb. However, I'm at a loss how to access the module. There isn't an obvious access panel, though it does look as if a section of the back panel is separate and may be removable in some way.

Can anyone offer some guidance please?

oaklec, Nov 15, 2010
  2. oaklec

JimK

It depends on which model you have. Some models require that you dismantle your netbook and you take a chance of stripping screws or doing other damage. Other models have easy access to the RAM via a bottom door. I suggest you search the forums. There are very detailed guides to upgrading memory. Good luck.

JimK, Nov 18, 2010
  3. oaklec

Terrybobo

I've tried twice.

You can open the Keyboard and remove Four screws behind.
    You can see the instruction and use a stick to push the back cover and it will be opened.

I can open the case but the ram I bought not work on it.
    The Ram NOT working is Kingston KVR1333D3S9/2G (PC3-10600, 128M x 16, CL9 SODIMM).... don't buy it.

Terrybobo, Dec 30, 2010
  4. oaklec

Birdy426

I've upgraded the RAM on both an AOD533 and AOD255, and both are very particular about the RAM you use. Patriot doesn't work. Kingston doesn't work. Finally learned, use the RAM selector on the Crucial website and buy from them. Great prices on line, quick shipping, and most importantly, IT WORKS!

Birdy426, Dec 30, 2010
Ask a Question