Aspire One Pro P531-o6h wont POST or load BIOS - Help!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by dowelly, Sep 24, 2010.

1. dowelly

dowelly

Hey guys,

Can someone help me with my laptop?

I tried to flash the 3309 BIOS to my Aspire One Pro P531-o6h last night, but the flash failed. Now I get no response from it. No activity when I press the power button, no fan activity, and Fn + Esc + power doesn't work.

Can anyone help please?

Any ideas at all would be greatly appreciated.

dowelly, Sep 24, 2010
  2. dowelly

Swarvey Moderator

Are you trying to use that particular BIOS image because of what a guide online told you to? Reason I ask is that I just looked up the AOP531 on Acer's site and they don't list BIOS variants with version numbers like that.

eg. http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles ... &SC=AAP_10 links to the AOP531 BIOS version 1.23.

Sounds to me like you're following a guide, therefor attempting to use the wrong BIOS, which could potentially be fatal to your machine.

Swarvey, Sep 24, 2010
  3. dowelly

dowelly

Yeah, I was following an online guide.

Is there no way back for it?

dowelly, Sep 25, 2010
  4. dowelly

Swarvey Moderator

You might be able to blind flash it back to the appropriate BIOS, but you'd need to know the blind flash procedure for your model. Or send it back under warranty, but not sure if flashing the wrong BIOS voids warranty.

Swarvey, Sep 25, 2010
  5. dowelly

dowelly

Thanks for your help mate. You wouldn't have any idea where I could find the blind flash procedure? The warranty ran out 2 weeks ago!

dowelly, Sep 25, 2010
  6. dowelly

Swarvey Moderator

I googled it and could only find the procedure for older models, you could try ringing acer tech support and tell them that your machine wont power on. If you ask them about the BIOS recovery procedure they should either tell you how to do it, send you to the instructions online like they did to me several months (and another AAO ago), or try to get you to do a warranty return.

Swarvey, Sep 25, 2010
  7. dowelly

dowelly

Ok, cheers mate. Thanks for your help.

dowelly, Sep 25, 2010
Ask a Question