Aspire One ZG5 Runcore Pro IV

Discussion in 'Storage' started by johngilbert371, Jan 17, 2010.

1. johngilbert371

johngilbert371

Hi, I have installed a Runcore Pro IV SSD and my One is running very well now...

Much quicker than old mechanical HDD... see attached pictures!!

Was expensive though and I had problems cloning the disc with Acronis Easy Migrate trial expiring after one day... strange?

Ended up taking out the HDD from One and installing in potable caddy and using another PC to clone the drive.

I also had some issues with the Runcore SSD not being displayed in windows explorer when connected via supplied USB caddy... even though it was seen in device manager... again strange.

After eventually cloning the drive I installed it and it didn't boot first time... even though fan was running.

It maybe bios related (i'm running 3309 i think) but it seemed that it needed to learn how to fire up SSD after shutting down, sleeping and restarting - the first try of these shutting down methods resulting in SSD not booting even though the One was powered (fan running) I had to hold down the PWR button until it turned off then turn back on again - after this its been ok.

So to summarize... expensive mod (£180 for 64GB model) but has made a very real improvement to the feel of everything!!

XP booting only takes 2.5 sweeps of the progress bar now - impressive!

See the jkk mobile vids on youtube to see the difference Runcore Pro Iv can make.

P.S anyone know how to insert pictures? I want to show crystal disk mark before and after.

johngilbert371, Jan 17, 2010
Ask a Question