Aspire pro 531 3G (wwan) possible install?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by sahkari, May 12, 2009.

1. sahkari

sahkari

Hello!

I buy aspire pro 531 where box reading 3g version, but not 3g module installed. Is"t any where guide how install 3g modem this modell inside and where i can get correct version 3g modem this model aspire?

sahkari, May 12, 2009
  2. sahkari

sahkari

Now i know 3g modeĀ“m version is option GTM382E or qualcomin some version.
    If i buy that GTM382E 3G moden, do i have soldering some inside my lapptop?

And is"t possible put some other 3g moden where is simm slot inside and install that pci exprexx place aspire 531, is"t that working that place?

Im sorry my bad english :oops:

sahkari, May 13, 2009
  3. sahkari

sam.hackint0sh

You will need to solder the SIM tray on the back of the mainboard. The cards you mentioned are only modems and have no simtray.

Here is a pic of my D250 Mobo showing the place there the simtry was left out on no 3G model:
    [​IMG]

If you open yours up you will find a similar place on the mobo.

sam.hackint0sh, May 13, 2009
  4. sahkari

sahkari

Do you know is"t possible use 3g modem where is simtray installed 3g modem? How long antenna i must use 3g modem?

And where i can order that simtray if i use that option 3g mode`?

Thanks your reply

sahkari, May 13, 2009
  5. sahkari

sam.hackint0sh

I put a WLAN card inside the MiniPCI slot and it did not work. I am currently investigating some things in this direction but simple plug and use seems not possible. Either the Bios needs a fix (there was something mentioned about 3G recognization in the Changelog of latest version) or some dead pins need to be shortend.

I am still looking for someone with a D250 with 3G who can do some easy testing.

sam.hackint0sh, May 13, 2009
  6. sahkari

sahkari

Yes but i think d250 and p531 is different models? Because p531 that 3g is options and some area 3g is installed ready and some not, i think that is possible this p531 version easy.
    I order last night that option 3 modem and i hope i can get that next week, then i know is"t that possible :)

sahkari, May 14, 2009
  7. sahkari

sahkari

I install option gmt 378 3g modem and soldering sim tray, but not regognise sim card, somer reason.

Mobo have 7 soldering pin and sim card connector have 6, do i miss something, i start soldering left side so number 6 pinn mobo leave empty.

sahkari, May 20, 2009
  8. sahkari

jerryt

1) 3G card is a USB device where as wifi cards are using PCI bus. So USB wires are required but not PCI bus.
    2) Sim wiring must match mPCIe connector pin outs exactly.

Please see a "How to" on installing a Sim reader and mPCIe pin out chart here; viewtopic.php?f=43&t=13518&p=85018#p85018

jerryt, May 20, 2009
Ask a Question