.asx streams with DRM on linux

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by leicesterfan, Jul 28, 2009.

1. leicesterfan

leicesterfan

Hello.

On my pc, I have a file which when opened, pops up in windows media player and plays without a problem. If I right click and save the file, it is an .asx file and it plays without a problem when opened as well.

The file is an internet audio stream, so playing it on my AA1 (running linpus) made more sense, as I could use it as a makeshift radio!

When I click the link, I will get a black screen on firefox, then if I click in the middle of the screen I get, "video is loading" - but it doesn't! I tried saving the file, but if I open it in VLC, I don't get any error message or anything but it won't play. Can't get it to work on mplayer or xine (although I get littered with errors on xine even if I open this on its own) either.

When I have the stream open through firefox, every 30 seconds or so I'll get a split second muffled beep for some reason.

I know that asx/asf files work as they have played before. I think it's down to the DRM. Is there a way to bypass this?

Thanking you!

leicesterfan, Jul 28, 2009
Ask a Question