Atheros AR 5007EG and dlink wbr 1310 router problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by grantrice, Jan 24, 2009.

1. grantrice

grantrice

I am having some issues with my AAO-1588 wifi adapter and two different D-Link 1310 routers.
    If anyone has this configuration I would be interested in hearing about their experiences.

I believe my problem is that the AAO is knocking out my router after successfully getting online and browsing for a bit.
    The time connected before disconnection varies and I am unable to diagnose the problem other than that it has to be the AAO.

I use other computers with my wireless router with different wireless adapters without problems.

The router stops showing up on the wireless list and I can connect to another wireless network in the neighbourhood but I cannot get back onto my own router with out doing a reset on the router.

It is odd that the AAO works fine on other wireless networks other than D-Link ones.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    =====================================================================
    WBR-1310 Rev D1 Firmware 4.13 - WPA security
    Atheros AR 5007EG adapter on Acer Aspire One - 1588 - XP Home SP3 - 8 GB SSD

grantrice, Jan 24, 2009
  2. grantrice

TStone

Grant,

This sounds like the same problem I am having - I too am connecting to dlink system (not sure of exact type and model but on a vSat system with D-Iink dir400 router and D-link AirPlus Extreme Access Point) see post in main thread.
    Sorry, I cant help I am at a loss completely and am not too technical.

TStone, Jan 27, 2009
  3. grantrice

grantrice

I tried troubleshooting this problem by strictly using IE 7 rather than Firefox.
    I doubted that was the problem but it has worked without issues for a couple battery cycles.

Windows Update showed an updated hardware driver for the Atheros. Moved up to .260 from .224.
    There are a few different settings in the driver properties | advanced option moving from different drivers.

Will try out using both IE 7 and Firefox 3.0.5 and report back.

I noticed that a few places are selling the combo of this particular AOA and the Dlink 1310 router!
    They must have tested out the combo before hand.

grantrice, Jan 28, 2009
Ask a Question