Atheros AR5007EG card enabled but "not connected"?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Alpern, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Alpern

Alpern

I sure hope someone can help with this one... we've had an Acer Aspire One for about 6 months now. We've had it networked, file sharing, running through our wireless router, etc. Worked great. Over the weekend my wife visits family and her brother decides he can "easily" set her laptop up to work on their network, as well.

He failed. Not only did he never make it work there, but she returned home to find that it doesn't work here anymore, either. Under device manager it's listed as enabled and working properly. But under Network Connections our wireless network connection is listed as "not connected". When I try to create a new connection it tells me the AR5007EG wireless card is disconnected.

I've disabled, rebooted, and reenabled it. I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the latest driver. Nothing's working.

I have no idea what my brother in law did to it, but is this ringing a bell for anyone? Anyone got any bright ideas on how I can get it working again?

Many thanks in advance for your assistance.

Alpern, Jun 25, 2009
  2. Alpern

TRUTI

I am facing the same issue. My AOA ZG5 was connected to my home network till this while. Over the weekend I traveled and connected to a diff. network at my alternate location. It connected and I was able to connect to the internet as well. Now when I am bac, it fails to connect to my home network. I am still working on this.

If this is the same prob you are facing wait up. I should have a solution in a day or two. :twisted:

TRUTI, Jul 2, 2009
  3. Alpern

Alpern

We managed to fix it - after about 4 hours on the phone with tech support, where they walked me through every thing I'd already tried, we ended up resetting the entire netbook back to it's factory settings. A bit of a pain, because you have to wipe the entire hard drive to do it, but it worked and that's what mattered. Another hour to reinstall MS Office, our printer, and copy our documents back to it, and we were as good as new.

I hpoe you can solve your problem more easily, though.

Alpern, Jul 2, 2009
  4. Alpern

TRUTI

I could not fix this on WinXP. for some strange reason, it would not connect. I had a Image of Windows 7, which I had earlier installed on my AOA. I restored it and now I have Win7 with proper connectivity. May be some XP issue. I would investigate on that later. But for now, its working.

Also my PQi 5400 RAM rated at 667 MHz failed to post. Had to remove it and get my old Hynix 512MB bac. Now everything is fine.

TRUTI, Jul 6, 2009
  5. Alpern

bas

bas, Aug 17, 2009
Ask a Question