Atheros Vista Driver 7.6.1.204

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Nogib, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Nogib

Nogib

Nogib, Feb 4, 2009
  2. Nogib

DynaMight

Thank you, these appear to be working perfectly.

DynaMight, Feb 5, 2009
  3. Nogib

Nemix

Looks like Vista only driver. :roll:

Includes the following files, usually found in ndis6x:

athr
    athrext
    netathr

XP drivers are usually in ndis5x:

athw
    netathw
    netathw

Nemix, Feb 6, 2009
  4. Nogib

ears1991

Was hoping this would fix the issue i am having

whenever i download files from rapidshare at school via the wireless, i get corrupted downloads, normal web browsing is fine however.

I have to enter a proxy of some form to get around the schools filtering system so i can use rapidshare, but i tried using a wireless usb dongle instead of the AAO built in wireless and that fixed the problem, does anyone have any idea why the AAO wireless is causing this? Or know of a driver/fix for this?

Help would be much appreciated

ears1991, Feb 6, 2009
  5. Nogib

Acreo Aeneas

Your school may be blocking some packets when you download from RapidShare because of a filter they have in place.

I have not tried these .204 drivers since I just updated to .194. Hopefully my WiFi card detects my network on restart rather than forcing me to restart several times before it picks up my router downstairs. Can anyone confirm that this driver (or the .194 one) let's the WiFi pick up networks without the need for a (few) restarts?

Run the setup.exe using Windows Vista compatibility. Then you should be at least be able to install the driver. As for whether or not it will function, you won't know until you install it and/or restart your system. Worst case scenario, it makes the WiFi detection flakier. In which case, roll back the driver.

Remember that the Windows 7 kernel is only a slightly updated Vista one. Vista's is version 6.0.x and Windows 7 is 6.1.x.

Acreo Aeneas, Feb 11, 2009
  6. Nogib

ears1991

^^Nah it works fine with a usb wireless stick, or anyone elses laptop for that matter, anyways, i just went and got an intel 4965agn and all my problems are gone :)

ears1991, Feb 11, 2009
  7. Nogib

bolero

bolero, Feb 27, 2009
  8. Nogib

zer0

zer0, Feb 28, 2009
  9. Nogib

xmac

Hi

I downloaded the .CAB file, but have no idea how to install it... My Atheros driver is not working on my Windows Vista (One A150)... Please help me

xmac, Mar 13, 2009
  10. Nogib

Nogib

Extract with WinRAR or WinZip or w/e heck, even Windows itself should be able to open them for extraction. Then it's just a matter of simply updating driver in device manager.

Nogib, Mar 16, 2009
Ask a Question