Attempting to get 1360x768 resolution on an AAO 751h

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Roland67, May 11, 2010.

1. Roland67

Roland67

Hello from France. (and sorry for my not so good english)

I'm a new owner of a 751h with win XP. I uninstalled all the useless software (games, McAffee security center, etc...) and tweaked a little bit the OS, and this little netbook works now like a charm and runs at 1.50 GHz with setFSB :D
    I wanted to hook it on my Toshiba LCD TV wich has a 1366x768 screen too, but the problem is I have to send an image with 1360x768 pixels to the TV, wich doesn't accept a 1366x768 pixels image on the VGA input.
    On my laptop, I managed to create this resolution with Entech's Powerstrip.
    But on the AAO 751, the GMA500 drivers are not recognised by Powerstrip, and therefore it's impossible to create custom resolutions with this tool.
    I also tried to do it with DTDcalculator, but the registry keys that DTDcalculator is looking for don't exist, and I'm stuck with this tool too.
    So I don't know how to achieve this 1360x768 resolution.
    Create a new one, but how ??
    An other solution would be to modify the standard resolution of the 751 to 1360x768 pixels (OK I would loose 3 pixels at each border of the screen), but I have no idea how to do that. (I have no problem with modifying the registry, but in this case I simply don't know what to modify !)

So if somebody here has an idea wich could help me ?

Thank you in advance !

Roland

Roland67, May 11, 2010
  2. Roland67

CJHonster

yeah this is my problem too

CJHonster, Jul 24, 2010
  3. Roland67

Swarvey Moderator

Are there any monitor drivers available for your TV's?

There was another poster on yesterday with an LG TV, I found the LG website for his particular TV which had a "High Resolution Pack" for the TV, which I'm guessing enables high resolutions for VGA output. It's not so much the driver for the graphics chipset that disables the higher resolutions, but the driver for the display panel/monitor/TV that restricts it.

Eg: I can plug my D250 into my Viewsonic Full HD Digital Projector and achieve full resolutions on it, beyond the capability of the D250's screen.

Swarvey, Jul 24, 2010
Ask a Question