Audio issue playing MP3s, all sounds (XP 120 HD)

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by felkebg, Nov 29, 2008.

1. felkebg

felkebg

I was working fine for about 2 weeks when I started hearing sound distortion. It presented itself as clamping, slowing and stuttering. Even in Windows Media Player the graphics slow to almost nothing while trying to play the file and then it may or may not start to speed up. There is frequent distortion of all sounds. For example,instead of playing the work dig in a song it will play di di di di di di di di dig. I lowered the output , reduced tasks to just audio, reinstalled the drivers from acer. Nothing works and even the boot sounds of XP have the poor audio. It now plays intermittently but is annoying. I have emailed newegg and acer to see if I get an RMA or some suggestions. Please weigh in if you have the same issue and definitely if you have found a fix. Thanks.

felkebg, Nov 29, 2008
  2. felkebg

felkebg

Let me be more specific on my request for help. Has anyone tried using the Realtek drivers version R2.09 direct from the Realtek site instead of getting the 5.10...... set up on the Acer site? Realtek warns that the manufacturer modifies their drivers for the specific unit. Can anyone help on this question?

felkebg, Nov 30, 2008
  3. felkebg

eos

You're not alone. Read post http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4851. Yes, this is very frustrating and no one has definitively solved it. Mine's boxed up and ready to return for service. I fear they will simply load the recovery CDs and return it as "fixed" with the problems returning a few weeks later.

To answer your RealTek question, yes I have loaded the drivers from both the RealTek web site and the Acer web site. Neither helped with the problem at all.

eos, Dec 2, 2008
  4. felkebg

dseravalli

Hi I have this problem too....so frustraiting :eek: ......has any one found an answer for this????

dseravalli, Jan 29, 2009
  5. felkebg

Jediphx

my Aspire One is at the service dept now for a screen problem but I was just thinking. Has anyone tried to update their DirectX to the latest version from MS? I think it was November 2008 I believe. That should update the direct sound dlls etc and maybe help.

Jediphx, Feb 2, 2009
Ask a Question