Audio silence on vanilla(non-UNR)-9.10

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Azrael, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Azrael

Azrael

I've installed 9.10 on my (factory winXP) AAO 751h after UNR consistently didn't like the video drivers. May be due to my own stupidity, but moving on...

I've found that *sometimes* the audio will be fine, but most of the time there's just silence. I can turn mute on/off and raise/lower the volume via software an the Fn+[key] kb shortcuts, all fine, seem to respond as they would, but still no sound comes out. Tried with headphones and without. Tried video and audio software, nothing.
    Installed Audacious2 for music playing, but the problem is with all software I've tried - VLC/Rhythmbox/etc.
    Just checked, and my PulseAudio drivers are aparrently the newest available, so that's (possibly) not the problem.

Azrael, Feb 22, 2010
  2. Azrael

RockDoctor

You might want to try running
    Code:
    alsamixer -c0
    in a terminal, and cranking up the volume on bar labelled Beep

RockDoctor, Feb 24, 2010
  3. Azrael

fabrifabu

very same for me. even during the same session sometimes the audio just goes blank and I cannot find a way to get it back. the solution suggested did not work...

fabrifabu, Mar 14, 2010
Ask a Question