Audio stop working on Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.04

Discussion in 'Linux' started by darobles, Sep 7, 2009.

1. darobles

darobles

Hello I'm a happy user of Ubuntu Netbook Remix, almost a newbie. Everything works great, but after a while, the audio stopped working (this is the second time it happens, I reinstalled ubuntu back then, but I don't want to do it anymore, I want to know how to solve the problem).

The thing is that whenever a sound is supposed to take place, tere is only a slight buzz (the music sounds as a constant buzz).

I'm usig AAO 150, 160GB HDD, 1GB RAM with dual boot (WinXP and Ubuntu Netbook Remix). In WinXP the audio is working fine. So i guess it is a problem with the audio driver for linux or something like that.

I donn't know how to compile a driver, where to save it, or things like that. In fact, I want to know how to do it. If the answer to my problem involves it, it would be very useful to know how to do it. I would appreciate if anyone can help me with a tutorial to make it work.

darobles, Sep 7, 2009
  2. darobles

bubbalooo

You might try posting over at the Ubuntu Forums, it is a very good place for help.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/
    I just joined this site, and it seems to have some very knowledgeable Linux users but the UF is rather large in #s of people and a good resource.
    I am curious if you have the ubuntu restricted extras installed, I have a aspire one with a 160 gig HD not sure which model and started with a dualboot of XP and 9.04 but went ahead and installed the 9.10 remix and have had no problems with audio.

bubbalooo, Oct 19, 2009
Ask a Question