Auto-mount/expansion is broken

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Snapphane, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Snapphane

Snapphane

I ran the updates for "hal" and it broke my expanssionslot(s). Both slots wont mount any cards, which for the left mean I wont get it to "merge" with the on-board SSD. I can get it to work by running Thunar as root, so I assume that's the problem (mounting requiring root access). I'm running the standard Linpus system.

If anyone has a solution to this I would be very happy. Sucks not to have my expansion working and even if I can get it to work by running Thunar as root, the path to documents and such is broken so they wont be displayed in "Documents". No idea to re-add them, since it will brake again when I re-boot.

Thanks in advance.

Snapphane, Jan 31, 2009
  2. Snapphane

solpuerto

solpuerto, Jan 31, 2009
  3. Snapphane

Snapphane

Tried that, wont work. My file is also a lot different than that displayed in the post. It says, if [ "X${halpid}", mine says if [ "X${mcsoid}"- I also have an additional line that says "/usr/bin/xfce4-panel & and I have "kill 2" instead of "kill 10". I have tried putting the "killall Thunar" both before kill and before /usr/bin/xfce4-panel to no avail.

The error message when mounting is "org.freedesktop.hal.storage.mount-removable no <-- (action, result)."

Well, I have solved it I think. I went to the /etc/PolicyKit/PolicyKit.config and changed/added the information so that I have

<match action="org.freedesktop.hal.storage.mount-removable">
    <match group="users">
    <return result="yes" />
    </match>
    </match>

<match action="org.freedesktop.hal.storage.mount-fixed">
    <match group="users">
    <return result="yes" />
    </match>
    </match>

within the <config> </config>. Not sure if this is a good solution, but it works :)

Snapphane, Jan 31, 2009
Ask a Question