Auto-start Bluetooth on bootup?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by mkss55442, Dec 5, 2009.

1. mkss55442

mkss55442

Hi All,

I have an AAO D250-1584, that I've upgraded to Win 7 Professional and 2GB RAM. This model comes with built-in bluetooth. Does anyone know how to auto-start the BT when I boot the computer? I'm getting tired of forgetting to turn it on and thinking there's something wrong with my BT mouse. It works fine if I resume form Standby or Hibernate.

Thanks,
    Mark

mkss55442, Dec 5, 2009
  2. mkss55442

wraithe

I am in the same boat as you. I have the AO532h Model with integrated bluetooth with Windows 7 Ultimate, 2GB RAM and upgraded HDD to 640GB. I use this netbook in a lot of places and at work I have a makeshift docking station setup with a bluetooth mouse and keyboard so that all I have to do is turn on the computer and put the video cable in.

I am wondering if there is a fix for the bluetooth to be enabled at boot as well like the Wireless card is. Perhaps some advanced bios that you can enter with a different keycombo.

I am running the latest BIOS 1.22 that addresses some BT issues, but not this one yet. Does anyone know of a hack/mod/configuration utility that will let me change that?

wraithe, May 27, 2010
  3. mkss55442

DiSK

I think it's a safety feature, or to maintain battery life.

Maybe you can make a script run on startup, and do the key combo that enables bluetooth?

DiSK, May 27, 2010
  4. mkss55442

mkss55442

I would think WiFi is a bigger battery hog than Bluetooth.

I've thought about a startup script. Problem is I can't find the program that enables BT or a key combo, and nothing sticks out in the registry.

I'm also having a problem where the BT will drop the connection with 2 different brands of mice. Once dropped, I have to cycle the off/on switch. Then as the BT is waking up again, I will get a message about the card reader being removed, re-added and then the mouse will work. What does the card reader have to do with BT?? I submitted a support request to Acer but I refused to jump thru their factory restore requirement to continue.

mkss55442, May 27, 2010
  5. mkss55442

Swarvey Moderator

Hi, just looked in my registry for ya. Found this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\COMPAL\LManager\Settings\Bluetooth

Change the value of "Bluetooth Always On" from "0" to "1" might solve the problem.

*EDIT*: Nope, just tested it myself, didn't work. Will keep looking
    *EDIT2*: Might not be possible. Seems that the BT button is a hardware switch for the device. In device manager the hardware only appears when the BT button has enable it. So I guess it might be something for a BIOS setting to allow.

Swarvey, May 28, 2010
Ask a Question