Autocorrect in OpenOffice

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by marcio, Aug 18, 2008.

1. marcio

marcio

The Autocorrect function in OpenOffice is impossible to use because the tab Replace doesn't exist! Is it a bug? Upgrading OpenOffice (how to do that, also!!!???) will fix the problem? I've tried lots of things, nothing works!!!

marcio, Aug 18, 2008
  2. marcio

niem102

What tab Replace button are you talking about? Correct me if I'm completely misunderstanding you, but...
    The One's keyboard has a tab button (at least mine does). But you don't need to push any buttons for autocorrect to work. There's a list of common typos that Open Office will replace with the intended word (you can view the list if you go under the "tools" tab and go to "AutoCorrect..." and in that menu under the "Replace" tab. If you type in any of the common mistakes on the left, it automatically replaces it with the word on the right after you push the spacebar.

niem102, Aug 18, 2008
  3. marcio

TS.

I think he means that the "replace" tab is missing in the autocorrect menu.

TS., Aug 18, 2008
  4. marcio

marcio

That's it TS, thanks for correcting my mistake. Anyway, it is impossible to use the Autocorrect.

marcio, Aug 18, 2008
  5. marcio

palingenesis

I noticed this too and it really bugged me at first. So why is impossible? Just a linux thing or just an old version on the A1

palingenesis, Aug 18, 2008
  6. marcio

niem102

Oh wow that's really weird. What version of Open Office is on it? I have the 120GB HDD windows version with Open Office 2.4, and it definitely has it on there.

niem102, Aug 19, 2008
  7. marcio

marcio

OpenOffice 2.3, Linux Linpus. I use Ubuntu on desktop with OpenOffice 2.3 and everything is OK. I think it's a problem between Linpus (or Fedora) and OpenOffice. I don't know what to do!!!

marcio, Aug 19, 2008
  8. marcio

niem102

maybe try updating to Open Office 2.4 and see if that fixes anything?

niem102, Aug 20, 2008
Ask a Question