Autostart Compiz

Discussion in 'Linux' started by madwoolything, Sep 6, 2008.

1. madwoolything

madwoolything

I have compiz up and running by typing 'sudo compiz-manager' in the terminal ...... very nice, however I have to do this each time I reboot. What is the best way of automating this on start up?

madwoolything, Sep 6, 2008
  2. madwoolything

rebuilder

I installed the package fusion-icon. Basically it creates a taskbar icon that lets you change options for compiz-fusion, and it also runs compiz when started. I added the command 'fusion-icon' to my autostart list. To see how to do that, check in the how-to section, I've made a post there to explain that part.

rebuilder, Sep 6, 2008
  3. madwoolything

madwoolything

madwoolything, Sep 6, 2008
  4. madwoolything

Andysan

When i run sudo compiz-manager my upper toolbar dissapears from all windows (minimize, maxmize, close).

Also, the system slow more than i would expect - can anyone please specify the optimum compiz settings for cool effects but decent speed under Linpus please?

Oh, and the dissapearing toolbar thing - anyone any ideas please?

Thanks.

Andysan, Sep 6, 2008
  5. madwoolything

nserg

got same with compiz.

type "emerald" in terminal, then "sudo compiz-manager". after this, emerald theme manager will autostart with compiz-manager.

nserg, Sep 7, 2008
Ask a Question