AVG 9.0 Internet Security on AOA150Aw?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by rowantree, Dec 5, 2009.

1. rowantree

rowantree

Hi,

Just over a year down the line I recently removed Linpus and put Windows 7 on my AOA150Aw and am pleased to see everything works so far, much better than I expected (amazed actually).

For anti-virus I stuck Microsoft Security Essentials on but am now thinking on AVG 9.0 Internet Security. While the One meets the System Requirements OK (I have 1GB RAM) I was just wondering if anyone else has tried this or am I pushing my luck too far here?

rowantree, Dec 5, 2009
  2. rowantree

solpuerto

Hu Rowantree

I run AVG 9 on my 8gb SSD XP model with no problems. I have 1.5gb RAM. I also run it on a Descktop PC with Windows 7 though that has 4GB RAM. It should not be a problem BUT only one way to find out.

Best wishes

solpuerto, Dec 12, 2009
  3. rowantree

rowantree

OK, good to know and I guess you're right with the BUT...

It's just I've had such a faff with Kaspersky 2010 on my main PC and laptop installing 2010 and then having to revert to 2009 because 2010 reduces them to an absolute crawl that I didn't want to start an MSE vs AVG fight on the One. I guess I'll give it a birl though.

rowantree, Dec 12, 2009
Ask a Question