Backtrack 4 1024x600

Discussion in 'Linux' started by timekeeper, Jul 13, 2009.

1. timekeeper

timekeeper

Hi,

I've been trying to get 1024x600 to work on my Aspire One Zg5 netbook. Everything works fine (including monitor mode/injection) with the default drivers in 800x600, except for the resolution which is a bit hard on the eyes. I'm running BT4 pre-final off a 8GB usb stick in persistent mode.

I've search and googled, and even tried a variation of the IEGD compilation for BT3, but none of the solutions work. If somebody could point me in the right direction, that would be great :).

timekeeper, Jul 13, 2009
  2. timekeeper

DutchDK

If backtrack 4 is using a fairly recent xorg, you should be able to get 1024x600 without any problems. Just delete or rename the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file if it exist, and let xorg deduce the correct parameters on its own, which it will do if there isn't any xorg.conf file present.

DutchDK, Jul 13, 2009
  3. timekeeper

timekeeper

Yeah, I've tried backing up and running a fresh xorg, but it doesn't support that resolution. Even when I do a manual scan, it doesn't give me true 1024x600 as an option.

timekeeper, Jul 14, 2009
Ask a Question