Backup before changes

Discussion in 'Linux' started by mdgo80, Dec 18, 2008.

1. mdgo80

mdgo80

I want to do some changes to my AAO. I've a 120 Gb HD Linpus model. I don't actually know how to do all this, i've been a Windows user all my life so i haven't changed anything on my AAO cause i fear to blow it all. The first thing i want to know is how to make a Backup USB so if i blow the entire system i don't loose any of my info. After that i will loose my fear to press Alt +F12 and start making some noise in my AAO. Tks in advance 4 your help.

mdgo80, Dec 18, 2008
  2. mdgo80

markh

Hi, there are several threads with quite detailed instructions on backup options. I'm not going to vouch for any particular one, but a search will give you a wide choice. (Search hint: choose advanced, and search for backup in topic titles, display results as topics. 2 pages of results should be manageable :) )

markh, Dec 18, 2008
  3. mdgo80

RockDoctor

You're wise to back up your system before messing with it. I'm not familiar with the 120GB HDD/Linpus model (my HDD came with WinXP), but if you can't find what you need within the forum, open a terminal window and enter
    Code:
    sudo fdisk -l /dev/sda
    Then come back here with the output and we'll get you going.

RockDoctor, Dec 19, 2008
Ask a Question