Bad cluster found?

Discussion in 'Storage' started by FattysGoneWild, Apr 14, 2009.

1. FattysGoneWild

FattysGoneWild

Is the hd going south? It is not even 2 months old yet. Sucks. I have windows running check disk. The pc would not boot up and had an error with the ethernet controller. Not sure about these netbooks. Already had to reload windows xp as well 1 time.

FattysGoneWild, Apr 14, 2009
  2. FattysGoneWild

FattysGoneWild

For others. Here is a picture of the error and now windows officially will not boot and I cannot recover. Sending it into repair. Looks to be a bad hd.

[​IMG]

FattysGoneWild, Apr 15, 2009
  3. FattysGoneWild

jackluo923

Did you go into the bios and changed the booting priority? It seems like you're trying to boot from the Lan and skipping the process of booting from HDD.

jackluo923, Apr 15, 2009
  4. FattysGoneWild

FattysGoneWild

I have never been in the bios. I went ahead and set them to default again. My take is if the drive is bad. And the bios is set to boot things in order 1-5. With the hd being #1. It was trying to boot with the network controller since the hd was not working going down the boot line.

FattysGoneWild, Apr 15, 2009
  5. FattysGoneWild

Kyoto

Well yes it seems that yours HDD is dead however you can try to powerup machine while it is placed upside down or at side - sometimes it helps to recognize it - if you get recognition you will need an specialized HDD tool from its manufacturer and you will want to do advanced diagnostic test or even low lvl format and test again. However, assuming that cables are ok conected, heal of such errors rarely result positive - but still there is some chance...

Kyoto, Apr 15, 2009
Ask a Question