Battery always 4-5% or lower.

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Wizkid, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Wizkid

Wizkid

Hi all,

I got a problem with the sensor of the battery. It doesn't go higher then 5%, so I constantly get the warning of the battery is almost empty. It however isn't, because if I just leave it on/move my mouse over the battery in Windows it says ~2 hours left or so, which is correct. Once booted, I can live with it, the problem is that when i do a fresh boot, I get a warning that the battery is very low, and then it doesn't boot. I have to put put the charger in, then boot it, then then unplug the charger again if I wanna use the laptop without charger.

I got a Acer 6513WLMi with Win. XP. (However the error I also get when booting it up, right at the start, before windows is booting, so I don't think it's related to Windows)

Can I disable these warnings so I can boot without having the charger in?

Thanks,

- Niels

Wizkid, Mar 22, 2009
  2. Wizkid

Wizkid

Bumpin this :(

Wizkid, Mar 31, 2009
  3. Wizkid

Aspiration

some computers have electronic memories with battery levels. ie. If you never run it til it dies the electronics can go out of sync with actual battery levels.
    I have a mac and they recommend running the battery down to where the computer goes into standbye mode, every 30 charges or so.
    No idea if the acer is the same kind of setup.

Aspiration, Apr 7, 2009
Ask a Question