battery check incorrect?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Fuerst, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Fuerst

Fuerst

my battery check on my AAO desktop shows obviously incorrect charges. after seven hours of charging it gives me 2.01 hours. ten minutes later it shows 2.17 minutes. and sometimes, when I have shut it down and switch on again, it may show even more.....

any idea?

besides that my aao looks quite allright
    cheers

Fuerst, Sep 25, 2008
  2. Fuerst

woofer00

i don't know how linpus reads and figures out the battery life, but I know that in Ubuntu the battery life indicator gets smarter the more you charge/discharge the battery. if it stays ridiculously off the mark after a week or two of usage on the battery, you might have a funky battery.

woofer00, Sep 25, 2008
  3. Fuerst

Yosser_UK

Mine is doing the same mate. I pretty much discharged the battery after the initial charge and then charged it up over night. The manual says to do this several times and then go back to charging whenever? But wiki doesn't mention this in its guidelines for prolonged use of li-ons, so I'm stumped :?:

How have you been charging your battery Fuerst?

Yosser_UK, Sep 25, 2008
Ask a Question