Battery dead but hardly used

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by mcnmcnmcn, Jun 14, 2009.

1. mcnmcnmcn

mcnmcnmcn

I've had my Aspire One for approx. 9 months & have hardly used it at all. Last week, I started to use it & noticed the battery doesn't work. When I try to charge it, its reaches to around 65% charging level & then stops (never charges to 100%). The stranger thing is, the computer doesn't even work with the battery charged at 65%. When I remove the battery & re-insert it, the charged level reverts to 0% so obviously, it's not charging at all. My computer is still under warranty but I know when I'll try to take it back, they'll say the battery life ended because of use. This can't be possible as I have hardly used it so I think it's a faulty battery. My questions is, when a battery does die from normal use, what msg does the Acer usually give? Surely it wouldn't just keep trying to charge forever. I have a Dell whose battery is almost dead & I do get a msg warning me to replace the battery.

mcnmcnmcn, Jun 14, 2009
  2. mcnmcnmcn

Rich in ILM

Seems to be a fair amount of power issues with older versions of the bios. Which computer do you have 10" 8.9"?
    Also see what bios you have goto:
    internet exploer/help/about internet explorer/system info

Look for BIOS version/date.

Rich in ILM, Jun 14, 2009
Ask a Question